Welcome to A Dolly Hobby!
– Madame Alexander Austria doll #598
– International series
– with original box, small metal stand, and 1 cardboard brace
– Restrung using elastic cord (legs, head) and ortho band (arms)
– Marked on upper mid-back of doll
– Clothing tag “Austria / By Madame Alexander (r) / New York, U.S.A.” in blue lettering
– Green heavy cotton floral Dirndil dress with brown velveteen bodice and white organdy puff sleeves w/ lace trim. Brown felt Alpine hat with plastic flowers, red hair ties, red stocking socks, white cotton petticoat & pantalettes both with lace trim, white cotton eyelet apron, black suede cloth slip-ons
– Hard plastic, blonde hair, blue eyes, straight leg non-walker with movable head, arms & legs
– Sleepy eyes are stiff and must be opened/closed manually
– Approx 8″ tall
– Manufacture date: 1974-1986 (this doll approx. 1980-1983)
– This is a vintage item in excellent condition that may show signs of age, use &/or storage
– Box is in excellent condition with some signs of wear indicative of age.
– Box stamped “AUSTRIA 598”, is easily read
– Other Condition Notes: Her white organdy puff sleeves show age-related yellowing from the passing of time. Her shoes don’t match, so either the twin studs on one of them have come off, (unlikely), or she’s wearing one replacement shoe (likely). Some scuffing to the sole of one shoe (see pic). Dolls from this era did not come with the pink tissue paper, however, I added some white paper to protect the doll during storage
– She has been loved and stored properly
– Ready to display
– Please see photos for details
Prefer using Etsy? No problem. Visit A Dolly Hobby’s Etsy Shop.